Limos, trolleys, and party busses oh my! These days there are more options than just a stretch limo for transporting the bridal party from point A to point B. Now it’s a growing trend to provide transportation not just for the bridal party for pictures, but for the guests as well. This blog will talk about the pros and cons of providing transportation and some tips to keep in mind when booking your wheels for your big day.
- If you have a lot of guests at one hotel, or have room blocks at a couple places, it helps guarantee guests getting to the ceremony and reception on time.
- If guests are from out-of-town or not as familiar with the area, it cuts down on people getting lost and driving around aimlessly.
- Providing transportation cuts down on the number of parking spaces required at a venue. (Shadowland has roughly 80 available spots so for larger parties, transportation around the area helps with the flow of traffic)
- There is less worry about guests over-indulging in drinks and then driving afterwards
- Depending on the type of transportation you go with, there could be some great photo opportunities with the vehicle
- Using it to tote you and your bridal party around helps keep everyone together and arriving at the same time, which will help stay on your wedding timeline for the day.
Cons (but really more like just things to think about while coordinating transportation): read more
Kyle Decker and Erica (Weidner) Decker wed Sunday May 24, 2015 at Dunes Pavilion on Silver Beach with reception at Shadowland Ballroom. Their story all started on a wintery December night in Angola, IN; where they happened to meet when they were out with mutual friends listening to live music. After talking and dancing a bit, they decided to stay in touch. As multiple days passed, talking, texting, and chatting on Facebook were frequent, but it was a little over a month before they were able to have our first date. The rest as they say is history. read more
So your best friend just got engaged, and appointed you as the maid of honor, congrats! This title comes with a lot of responsibility. Now you have two parties to plan, a bridal shower, and a bachelorette party. So let’s focus on the bridal shower. Coming up with different ideas is difficult, and you want to plan the perfect party that’s not your typical everyday bridal shower.
Wine tasting can be a fun idea, and most of the guests will love it. You can either choose a winery to host it at, or have the winery come to you for a private tasting. Customizing the tastings ahead of time can be a good idea that way you can pair food with the different tastings. When it comes to decorating for the party all you need are some empty wine bottles and some flowers. All you have to do is keep it simple. read more
A growing trend in the industry is the couple having a “First Look” before walking down the aisle. For you traditionalists out there, you may be panicking at the thought of bringing bad luck to the already stressful day and be looking for the nearest salt shaker to throw over your left shoulder, so this route may not be for you. But for those wanting to be a little trendier, or may just be in a time crunch and need to move things along quicker, a first look may be for you.
Why all the buzz about bad luck? read more
Use real flame
It looks absolutely beautiful in the ballroom to dim the lights and rely on candle light to light the room later in the evening.
Having wax drip on linens, the floor, and walls is a big no-no. While we love candles, we love them being contained in some sort of vessel more.
Put them in the windows in the sunset room read more
- January 2024
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- August 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014